Business & Corporate Law
We provide legal advice to individual and corporate clients on all aspects of their business, ranging from business start-up, mergers and acquisitions, to advice on reducing the impact of taxation and addressing tax issues.
We advise clients on a broad range of corporate services such as:
• Business formation – Formation of business entities (i.e., corporation, partnership, joint ventures, etc.)
• Corporate governance and compliance – We assist in the drafting of rules, policies, and procedures by which a corporation’s overall direction and performance is determined. We take into account the corporation’s various financial, legal, regulatory, institutional, and ethical responsibilities to its various stakeholders.
• Commercial transactions – We draft and review contract on various types of commercial transactions such as sale, lease, agency, financing, etc.
• Mergers and acquisitions – We can act as counsel for either the surviving or absorbed corporation in a merger and assist clients in negotiating and drafting the terms and articles of the merger, as well as obtaining regulatory approvals.
• Bankruptcy – We can represent and give advice to clients in connection with financial restructurings, suspension of payments, insolvency and rehabilitation proceedings, including advice to financial institutions regarding regulations and audit matters.
• Taxation – We give advice on tax laws compliance and minimizing tax implications. We likewise assist clients in securing tax rulings, opinions, and clearances from the Bureau of Internal Revenue and other appropriate agencies. We handle tax assessments, tax protests, and claims for refund and represent our clients in tax litigation before Philippine Courts.